Bet you didn't know...
- When a joint is not consistently moved through its full anatomical Range of Motion , the joint is more prone towards osteoarthritis.
- 47% of your flexibility is locked up in your joint capsule.
- 42% of your flexibility potential is in your fascia.
- Stretching can reduce or eliminate tight muscles.
- Stretching can reduce or eliminate stiff joints.
- Stretching improves your circulation.
- Stretching makes you feel and look younger.
- Stretching makes you stronger.
- Stretching makes you taller.
- Stretching can reduce pain.
- Assisted stretching works much better than self stretching.
Fascial Stretch Therapy
FST is a assisted stretching technique performed without pain by a Certified Fascial Stretch Therapist with the client on a treatment table. When assisted stretching takes place on the treatment table, comfortable straps are used to stabilize the limb or part of the body that is not being worked on, thus facilitating complete relaxation of the person being stretched and enhancing the effectiveness of the actions of the therapist. This technique uses a modified proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) technique.
This instrumental component that is used in FST gets the joint capsule open by decompressing the joint and eliminates the jamming of joint while stretching. It creates optimal mobility of the joint capsule that dramatically helps the effectiveness of ROM increases and flexibility gains.
- Increases the level of relaxation.
- Increases the good endorphins.
- Reduces the pain levels during stretching.
- Traction allows for maximal lengthening of all the connective tissues from deep inside the joint capsule, ligaments, tendons, muscle tissue and all the connective tissue throughout the body.
Additional features of FST;
- Eliminates Trigger Points
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns and re-organizes your fascia
- Improves flexibility on the first session & becomes cumulative with multiple sessions
- I will teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify & eliminate the problems
Fascial Stretch Therapy
- FST can release chemicals, known as endorphins that act as natural pain suppressants.
- FST can optimize the learning, practice and performance of many types of skilled movements.
- FST can promote development of body awareness.
- FST can increase balance and symmetry of the body.
- FST can reduce the risk of injury, especially sprains and strains.
- FST can reduce or eliminate back problems and pain.
- FST can reduce muscular soreness
- FST can reduce muscular tension.
- FST can improve posture & muscle function allowing you to move your body more freely.
- Less Muscle Pain allows you to finally enjoy a life of quality
- Restoration of normal joint space is Anti-Aging at its best - youthful movement without Pain!
Basic Stretching Facts
- Many factors affect flexibility such as: age, dehydration, adhesions, lack of elasticity of connective tissues in muscles or joints, muscle tension, gender, hormones, length of ligaments or joints, lack of coordination and strength in the case of active movement, inflammation, pain, fear, body mass, temperature, medication, training, vocation, postural misalignments, repetitive movements and more...
- Flexibility does not exist as a general physical characteristic, but it is joint specific and joint action.
- Real gains in flexibility will occur when you actually train for flexibility on a regular basis.
- Flexibility must be balanced with strength to be fully functional.
- A great deal more research is needed to validate the importance of flexibility!!!
What is Fascia?